Online Encyclopedia

AGUADILLA

Online Encyclopedia
Originally appearing in Volume V01, Page 427 of the 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica.
Spread the word: del.icio.us del.icio.us it!
AGUADILLA, a town and port near the northern extremity of the W. coast of Porto Rico. Pop. (1899) 6425. It has a fairly good and safe anchorage, and is the commercial outlet for a very fertile agricultural district. The town is attractively situated and well built, and is connected by railway with Mayaguez, 20 M. distant, and also with Ponce and San Juan. Theneighbouring district produces sugar-cane, tobacco, cattle, cocoanuts, oranges and lemons. The bay is supposed to have been first visited by Columbus (November 1493), though the town was not founded until 1775.
End of Article: AGUADILLA
[back]
AGROTERAS THUSIA
[next]
ALEXANDRE MARIE AGUADO

Additional information and Comments

There are no comments yet for this article.
» Add information or comments to this article.
Please link directly to this article:
Highlight the code below, right click and select "copy." Paste it into a website, email, or other HTML document.