Online Encyclopedia

INOWRAZLAW

Online Encyclopedia
Originally appearing in Volume V14, Page 587 of the 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica.
Spread the word: del.icio.us del.icio.us it!
INOWRAZLAW, the Polish form of the German Jung-Breslau, by which the place was formerly known, a town in the Prussian province of Posen, situated on an eminence in the most fertile part of the province, 21 m. S.W. of Thorn. Pop. (1900) 26,141. Iron-founding, the manufacture of machinery and chemicals, and an active trade in cattle and country produce are carried on. In the vicinity are important salt works and a sulphur mine, and since 1876 a brine bath has been within the town. Inowrazlaw is mentioned as early as 1185, and in 1772 it passed to Prussia.
End of Article: INOWRAZLAW
[back]
MARQUESS KAORU INOUYE (1835– )
[next]
INQUEST (O. Fr. enqueste, modern enqueete, from Lat...

Additional information and Comments

There are no comments yet for this article.
» Add information or comments to this article.
Please link directly to this article:
Highlight the code below, right click and select "copy." Paste it into a website, email, or other HTML document.