Online Encyclopedia

KHANDWA

Online Encyclopedia
Originally appearing in Volume V15, Page 771 of the 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica.
Spread the word: del.icio.us del.icio.us it!
KHANDWA, a town of British India, in the Nimar district of the Central Provinces, of which it is the headquarters, 353 M. N.E. of Bombay by rail. Pop. (1901), 19,401. Khandwa is an ancient town, with Jain and other temples. As a centre of KHARGA 771 trade, it has superseded the old capital of Burhanpur. It is an important railway junction, where the Malwa line from Indore meets the main line of the Great Indian Peninsula. There are factories for ginning and pressing cotton, and raw cotton is exported.
End of Article: KHANDWA
[back]
EAST KHANDESH
[next]
KHANSA (Tumadir hint `Amr, known as al-Khansa) (d. ...

Additional information and Comments

There are no comments yet for this article.
» Add information or comments to this article.
Please link directly to this article:
Highlight the code below, right click and select "copy." Paste it into a website, email, or other HTML document.