Online Encyclopedia

KULMSEE

Online Encyclopedia
Originally appearing in Volume V15, Page 944 of the 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica.
Spread the word: del.icio.us del.icio.us it!
KULMSEE, a town of Germany, in the Prussian province of West Prussia, on a lake, 14 M. by rail N. of Thorn and at the junction of railways to Bromberg and Marienburg. Pop. (190o), 8987. It has a fine Roman Catholic cathedral, which was built in the 13th, and restored in the 15th century, and' an Evangelical church. Until 1823 the town was the seat of the bishops of Kulm.
End of Article: KULMSEE
[back]
KULMBACH, or CULMBACH
[next]
KULP

Additional information and Comments

There are no comments yet for this article.
» Add information or comments to this article.
Please link directly to this article:
Highlight the code below, right click and select "copy." Paste it into a website, email, or other HTML document.