Online Encyclopedia

MYSLOWITZ

Online Encyclopedia
Originally appearing in Volume V19, Page 116 of the 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica.
Spread the word: del.icio.us del.icio.us it!
MYSLOWITZ, a town of Germany, in the Prussian province of Silesia. Pop. (1905), 15,845. It lies on the navigable Przemsa, across which an iron bridge leads to the Polish town of Modrzejow, 120 M. S.E. from Breslau by rail, and an important junction of lines to Oswiecim-Lemberg and Vienna. It contains a Protestant and three Roman Catholic churches, a palace and a gymnasium, and other schools. Extensive coal-mines are worked, and among its other industries are flax-spinning and brick-making. It became a town in 1857. See Lustig, Geschichle von Myslowitz (Myslowitz, 1867).
End of Article: MYSLOWITZ
[back]
MYSIA
[next]
MYSORE

Additional information and Comments

There are no comments yet for this article.
» Add information or comments to this article.
Please link directly to this article:
Highlight the code below, right click and select "copy." Paste it into a website, email, or other HTML document.