Online Encyclopedia

OSCHATZ

Online Encyclopedia
Originally appearing in Volume V20, Page 347 of the 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica.
Spread the word: del.icio.us del.icio.us it!
OSCHATZ, a town in the kingdom of Saxony, in the .valley of the Dollnitz, 36 m. N.W. of Dresden, on the trunk railway to Leipzig. Pop. (1905) 10,8.54. One of its three Evangelical churches is the handsome Gothic church of St Aegidius, with twin spires. Sugar, felt, woollens, cloth and leather are manufactured, and there is considerable trade in agricultural produce. Four miles west lies the Koimberg, the highest eminence in the north of Saxony. See C. Hoffmann, Historische Beschreibung der Stadt Oschatz (Oschatz, 1873–1874) ; and Gurlitt, Bau- and Kunstdenkmaler der Amtsmannschaft Oschatz (Dresden, 1905).
End of Article: OSCHATZ
[back]
OSCEOLA (a corruption of the Seminole As-se-he-ho-l...
[next]
OSCHERSLEBEN

Additional information and Comments

There are no comments yet for this article.
» Add information or comments to this article.
Please link directly to this article:
Highlight the code below, right click and select "copy." Paste it into a website, email, or other HTML document.