Online Encyclopedia

PALAMCOTTAH

Online Encyclopedia
Originally appearing in Volume V20, Page 594 of the 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica.
Spread the word: del.icio.us del.icio.us it!
PALAMCOTTAH, a town of British India, in the Tinnevelly district of Madras, on the opposite bank of the Tambraparni river to Tinnevelly town, with which it shares a station on-the South Indian railway, 444 M. south of Madras. Pop. (1901), 39,545• It is the administrative headquarters of the district, and also the chief centre of Christian missions in south India. Among many educational institutions may be mentioned the Sarah Tucker College for Women, founded in 1895.
End of Article: PALAMCOTTAH
[back]
PALAMAU
[next]
PALAMEDES

Additional information and Comments

There are no comments yet for this article.
» Add information or comments to this article.
Please link directly to this article:
Highlight the code below, right click and select "copy." Paste it into a website, email, or other HTML document.