Online Encyclopedia

PARDUBITZ (Czech, Pardubic)

Online Encyclopedia
Originally appearing in Volume V20, Page 801 of the 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica.
Spread the word: del.icio.us del.icio.us it!
PARDUBITZ (Czech, Pardubic), a town of Bohemia, Austria, 65 m. E. of Prague by rail. Pop. (19oo), 17,029, mostly Czech. The most interesting buildings are the old fortified chateau of the 16th century, with its Gothic chapel restored in 188o; the church of St Bartholomew, dating in its present form from 1538; the new town hall (1894); the Grtines Tor, also built in 1538; and the handsome new synagogue. Pardubitz has a tolerably active trade in grain and timber, and the horse-fairs attract numerous customers.
End of Article: PARDUBITZ (Czech, Pardubic)
[back]
PARDON (through the Fr. from Late Lat. perdonare, t...
[next]
AMBROISE PARE (1510-1590)

Additional information and Comments

There are no comments yet for this article.
» Add information or comments to this article.
Please link directly to this article:
Highlight the code below, right click and select "copy." Paste it into a website, email, or other HTML document.