Online Encyclopedia

PETROPAVLOVSK

Online Encyclopedia
Originally appearing in Volume V21, Page 335 of the 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica.
Spread the word: del.icio.us del.icio.us it!
PETROPAVLOVSK is also the name of a Russian seaport in Kamchatka, on the eastern shore cif the Bay of Avacha, in 53° N. and 1580 44' E. Its harbour, one of the best on the Pacific, is little used, and the town consists merely of a few huts with some 400 inhabitants. Its naval institutions were transferred to Nikolayevsk after the attack of the Anglo French fleet in 1854.
End of Article: PETROPAVLOVSK
[back]
PETRONIUS (G. (?)1
[next]
PETROPOLIS

Additional information and Comments

There are no comments yet for this article.
» Add information or comments to this article.
Please link directly to this article:
Highlight the code below, right click and select "copy." Paste it into a website, email, or other HTML document.