Online Encyclopedia

RINGWOOD

Online Encyclopedia
Originally appearing in Volume V23, Page 352 of the 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica.
Spread the word: del.icio.us del.icio.us it!
RINGWOOD, a market town in the New Forest parliamentary division of Hampshire, England, 1031 m. S.W. by W. from London by the London & South-Western railway. Pop. (1901) 4629. It lies pleasantly on the river Avon, which here divides into numerous branches, flowing through flat meadow land. The church of SS. Peter and Paul, which was almost entirely reconstructed in 1854i the town hall and corn exchange are the chief buildings. A large agricultural trade and manufactures of agricultural implements, linen goods and woollen gloves are carried on.
End of Article: RINGWOOD
[back]
RING (O.E. hring; a word common to Teutonic languag...
[next]
RINGWORM (or TINEA TONSURANS)

Additional information and Comments

There are no comments yet for this article.
» Add information or comments to this article.
Please link directly to this article:
Highlight the code below, right click and select "copy." Paste it into a website, email, or other HTML document.