Online Encyclopedia

ROSSLAU

Online Encyclopedia
Originally appearing in Volume V23, Page 752 of the 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica.
Spread the word: del.icio.us del.icio.us it!
ROSSLAU, a town of Germany, in the duchy of Anhalt, on the right bank of the Elbe, here crossed by two railway bridges, 3 M. by rail N. of Dessau and 35 M. S.E. of Magdeburg. Pop. (1905) .11,027. It has a ducal residence, an old castle, a hand-some parish church, and manufactures of machinery, paper, sealing-wax, wire goods, sugar, bricks and chemicals. Rosslau became a town in 1603.
End of Article: ROSSLAU
[back]
ROSSLAND
[next]
1ST EARL OP ALEXANDER WEDDERBURN ROSSLYN (1733-1805...

Additional information and Comments

There are no comments yet for this article.
» Add information or comments to this article.
Please link directly to this article:
Highlight the code below, right click and select "copy." Paste it into a website, email, or other HTML document.