Online Encyclopedia

UPPER SERGINSK

Online Encyclopedia
Originally appearing in Volume V24, Page 666 of the 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica.
Spread the word: del.icio.us del.icio.us it!
UPPER SERGINSK and LOWER, two towns of East Russia, in the government of Perm, 53 and 44 M. W.S.W. of Ekaterinburg respectively. They are noted for their iron-works. Upper Serginsk, which had a population of 8000 in 1897, yields annually over 8000 tons of pig-iron and 12,000 tons of steel. Lower Serginsk, with 14,000 inhabitants, yields about 7250 tons of pig-iron and 14,500 tons of steel. The latter town is well built and has a monument to Alexander II. Mineral waters (sulphurous) are found close by.
End of Article: UPPER SERGINSK
[back]
JOHAN TOBIAS SERGEL (1740-1814)
[next]
SERGIPE (originally SERGIPE D'EL-REY)

Additional information and Comments

There are no comments yet for this article.
» Add information or comments to this article.
Please link directly to this article:
Highlight the code below, right click and select "copy." Paste it into a website, email, or other HTML document.