Online Encyclopedia

TELESIA [mod. Telese]

Online Encyclopedia
Originally appearing in Volume V26, Page 573 of the 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica.
Spread the word: del.icio.us del.icio.us it!
TELESIA [mod. Telese], a town of the Samnites, 24 M. N.W. from Beneventum. It possesses remains of walls in opus reticulatum, of a total length of over a mile; two inscriptions of the Republican period record the erection of towers. The remains of baths (Thermae Sabinianae) and of an amphitheatre still exist: and the city was supplied with water by an aqueduct. There are sulphur springs in the vicinity, which may have sup-plied the baths.
End of Article: TELESIA [mod. Telese]
[back]
TELESCOPE
[next]
TELESILLA

Additional information and Comments

There are no comments yet for this article.
» Add information or comments to this article.
Please link directly to this article:
Highlight the code below, right click and select "copy." Paste it into a website, email, or other HTML document.