Online Encyclopedia

WEST

Online Encyclopedia
Originally appearing in Volume V28, Page 544 of the 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica.
Spread the word: del.icio.us del.icio.us it!
WEST INDIES a theological school), a Dominican Convent, and several fine churches; and there are two Roman Catholic orphanages. The town is an important centre for the manufacture of silk and silk goods; in 1905 the value of these products was $4,211,018. West Hoboken was created a separate township in 1861, from a part of the township of North Bergen, and in 1884 was incorporated as a town.
End of Article: WEST
[back]
BARON MIKLOS WESSELENYI (1796-1850)
[next]
WEST BROMWICH

Additional information and Comments

There are no comments yet for this article.
» Add information or comments to this article.
Please link directly to this article:
Highlight the code below, right click and select "copy." Paste it into a website, email, or other HTML document.