Other Free Encyclopedias » Online Encyclopedia » Encyclopedia - Featured Articles » Featured Articles: Cherry Office Furniture - How to Find Cherry Office Furniture to Email A Fax - How to Email a Fax

Daily Nation Newspaper Kenya - Daily Nation Newspaper: Your Source for News in Kenya - The Nation History, Submissions to The Daily Nation

african media content east

The Nation newspaper has been serving Kenya ever since 1960, when it promised to “do [its] utmost” to help Kenya and other East African countries make the “perilous transition” to majority rule in Africa. They have been advocates of peace, cooperation, and constructive building (and rebuilding) of the African nation ever since that time, and have gained the support of many high-ranking political personalities who turned to The Nation to publish their views. Today the Nation publishes multiple newspaper editions, including Saturday Nation and The East African. They have even built their own carrier fleet to deliver Nation products throughout the country.

The Nation is a part of Nation Media Group (NMG) Limited, which operates many vital information hubs both online and off. The Nation Digital Division has been responsible for enabling cross-platform content like their internet site and mobile communications. National Broadcasting Division was rolled out in 1999, and they aim to produce television content that will become “the Media of Africa for Africa”, reporting African issues objectively for both domestic and international viewers. NTV has already become immensely popular, and NTV Uganda opened recently to great public reception. Monitor Publications Ltd is another local Nation Media Group company that operates a daily newspaper (the Daily Monitor) and radio station (93.3 KFM).

All of these subsidiaries contribute something unique to Kenya’s culture, but at the same time share a common passion and drive for success. It is this drive that has preserved The Nation and other NMG companies through turbulent economic conditions, which is proved by their continued successful performance where others have suffered large losses or even collapsed altogether.

Submissions to The Daily Nation

If you are interested in submitting your story, opinion piece, or other information to The Nation, simply email them through their contact page. The Nation is always looking for top-quality new material, so submit your best content for a chance at real publication. If you have accompanying photos or other (non-text) material, you will need to note this in your submission in order to make arrangements to email it separately. The Nation reports stories in just about any category, including business, politics, sports, opinion/editorials, and personal interest. Just make sure it is a topic of interest to the Kenyan/East African population.

If you would like to take the next step beyond simply submitting content, check out the section below for tips on finding employment with The Nation.

Careers at The Daily Nation

To find exciting job search opportunities with The Nation and other subsidiaries of the Nation Media Group, check out their comprehensive career search tools. You can find all available job postings online, along with detailed descriptions of what you will need to qualify for specific jobs. If you think you have what it takes, you can send in your resume in order to apply online. Running such large media outlets requires hundreds of well-qualified people. If you have the right qualifications, you could be one of them!

That’s it for this introduction to the Daily Nation Newspaper in Kenya. Whether you are local or international, citizen or tourist, the Daily Nation can help you keep your fingers on the pulse of the Kenyan community.

Daily News Sri Lanka - Online Advertising Information For The Daily News in Sri Lanka [next] [back] D Link Wireless Adapter - D Link Wireless Adapter Guide - Wireless USB Hubs (Connecting Your Peripherals to the Hive Mind)

User Comments

Your email address will be altered so spam harvesting bots can't read it easily.
Hide my email completely instead?

Cancel or

over 2 years ago

i am interested in contributing to the sunday nation how do i do this

over 1 year ago

SALVAGE THAT COIN

By Isaac Obiero, Kisii

The current economic status of our country is at risk and if disregarded the country will fall into the deep of hyper-inflation.

I am an intrinsic of Kenya and I join fellow stake holders who are seeking solution of this mystifying state (inflation). The question of how we can salvage the depreciating shilling has been nagging in mind for quite some time and I saw it wise to disclose what is in mind as far as the matter is concerned.

The shilling can be salvaged by mopping up excess money in circulation. This can be achieved by avoiding regular salary augmentation which leads to a few individuals over utilizing resources hence rapid increase of commodity prices.

Also, banks should lend money to vision oriented businesses and at reasonable interests rather than investing in treasury bills.

The mwenye nchi should not profligate resources. During the seasons of high yields latest techniques should be used in preserving yields for a longer time, not forgetting the ancient idea of Pharaoh’s prime minister of storing a fifth of the total yields.

With this regard, modern depots should be put up especially in rural areas and roads well constructed to facilitate transportation of perishable products apart from updating other infrastructure.

In a nutshell factors of production (land, labour, capital and technology) should be harmonized to resuscitate the fast dying economy.

Ends…

almost 4 years ago

hey,

My Name is Esther Njoroge, 25 of age and first let me say congratulations to the Nation group for giving the Kenyan people a more comprehensive newspaper.

I read your articles especially the saturday magazine the family column and so on, my point basically is that i think i can offer spice to your paper.

For an Oldie like me widowed at a young age and now a single mother, i think the biggest majority are the single ladies out there and like we witnessed a couple of weeks ago women are looking for men.

Now do not get me wrong i do not mean a column like Aunt Tabby as she was called or Doctor Love.

I have countless experiences which i think All if not 99 Percent of single married people go through.

My stories with a moral which at the end of my experience benefits maybe me all the single women out there.This will be like the best biography or maybe the Priness Diaries as they call them.

Now let me not bore the team with my un ending story. Kindly get back and maybe i may send a sample of this exciting article i am talking about.

Regards

Esther

over 1 year ago

i would like to send articles how do i do this?

about 2 years ago

Subject: Complaint about a Music Copy Right Society of Kenya.

I would like to bring to your attention that the Music Copy Right Society of Kenya. have become a nuisance to Cyber Cafe operators at Eldoret town and its outskirts.They have formed an habit of intruding every month and collecting huge amount of cash in form of bribe and harassing those who dont have with the help of rogue Police Officers.
So disheartening is that among the groups are artists who were famous before but now they are damn broke and poor as church mouse one among the group of artists is the one used to be famous Jeri Jo famous 4 Huu ni mwaka

I am writing this letter to you expressing the hope that you will reply as soon as possible with the possible course of action, whether you can publish it it on the social media or make a follow up and help us bring an end to this brutality.

Thanking You,

David from Eldoret

almost 3 years ago

publishing

over 1 year ago

hays guys i am robert nyarangi moemi iam a new subscriber to the face book help me to continue

over 1 year ago

i would like to send articles how do i do this?

over 1 year ago

i would like to send articles how do i do this?

over 1 year ago

hi.im an 18yr old and my friend and i have an article we think might relate to alot of kenyans out there and also addresses the evryday issues of an average nairobian,wed like it to appear in the saturday nation...please advice

about 1 month ago

I hope you are well.my name is Sam and I am a student at Buruburu Institute of Fine Arts. I am doing graphic design and will be completing my studies next year. I am writing to request if you could publish some of my works like poems and jokes in any of your publications. For your recommendation purposes I have attached some samples. Please send me information on what you find and what you would recommend.

It is my desire to keep this letter confidential. hope to hear from you soon. if you need any additional information, please contact me via email or phone. samuelnderitu11@gmail.com or 0724332795.

thanks in advance.

about 1 month ago

thanks in advance.

about 1 month ago

thanks in advance.

about 1 month ago

thanks in advance.

about 1 month ago

thanks in advance.

about 1 month ago

thanks in advance.

almost 2 years ago

Hi,

I am a passionate reader of your dailies. This far, I am willing to submit articles for your consideration. Kindly advise.

almost 2 years ago

I'm working on a book for publication and would like the contact person and email contact at the nation for media release purposes,kindly assist.

almost 2 years ago

hi, i would like to be sending u articles on medical issues at least one article a week

almost 2 years ago

ELICOM SYSTEMS COMPUTER TRAINING RANEN CENTER.

almost 2 years ago

ELICOM SYSTEMS COMPUTER TRAINING RANEN CENTER.

almost 2 years ago

ELICOM SYSTEMS COMPUTER TRAINING COLLEGE

about 2 years ago

I would like to write about a very serious and disturbing issue especially to be published in the opinioon. The other day the PM Raila Amolo Odinga read the expenditure by ministers travelling abroad. A section of the mps complained but when the same pm said he will next time read the expenditure by mps everybody was quiet. wow! when some somebody is exposed you make a lot of noise and hisses but when you are exposed you keep quiet. is that self protection. get me right am not defending anybody but saying all this peopple are thiefs of our loot and should be highly vetted just like dr. willy mutunga is doing in the judiciary.KDOS daktari!

about 2 years ago

I am a young reader and visionary politiciann how would I CONTRIBUTE TO THE PAPERS PUPLISIZE MY OPINION IN THE DAILY NATION ESPECIOALLY ON SUNDAYS?

about 2 years ago

I would like to contribute to the Nation newspaper. I would love to write on life issues and also people who have impacted our lives positively. Please advice me on how i can do it and the procedure followed.

Thank you.

over 2 years ago

kindly provide me with the IEBC current tender advert for transparent voting boxes

almost 3 years ago

I'm undertaking a study on the daily nation Saturday magazine and I was wondering when it first started circulating and when was the columns on man talk and female talk first introduced. where can I get this information. please help me with a brief history.

almost 3 years ago

about 3 years ago

I am writing this as an opinion with regard to an article in the Saturday Nation opinion column: "Kibaki abandons usual placid style in race to safeguard his legacy".
O n my opinion I can say that the President has done a lot in his era to keep his legacy and that he has lived to his words and promises.
In terms of FPE program I would say that he has done a lot & fruits can be seen by so many people who have gone back to school since 2003.
I myself am a living testimony .I had dropped out of school & stayed for about ten yrs doing various "vibaruas".However when he took over & introduced FPE I took that opportunity & went back to class 7 where I did very well ,joined high school & now I am in the university doing a degree in Medicine & Surgery.I think I am one of the many who he lifted from the darkness.I feel so much obliged to thank him & wish him long life & God's blessings so that he can see good results of his work.