Other Free Encyclopedias » Real Estate » Real Estate

Real Estate Dallas Texas - The Dallas Texas Real Estate Market

means expect housing city

As young people continue to inquire about potential moves to the Dallas, Texas area, they continue to look for information the Dallas, Texas real estate market. The population of Dallas continues to get younger, which means that single-family homes are likely to be increasing in value within the next 5-10 years. There are many different aspects to the Dallas real estate market that a person should know before contemplating a move to the area.

The city of Dallas has a pretty high housing density with around 1,400 homes/square mile. Of the properties in the city of Dallas, 57% are rental properties while the other 43% contain homeowners. If you are looking to purchase a house, you can expect to pay right around $200,000 a nice 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom single-family house. Renters can expect the average condo to be priced at roughly $700/month.

Like many other major metropolitan areas, Dallas has seen its housing market fall in terms of sales within the past five years. However, this also means that the median price for a house has fallen from 2008’s all-time high of approximately $275,000 to its now current $200,000 price tag.

For a renter paying the average median price of $700/month, they can expect an apartment with a bedroom, bathroom, and general area. However, the more expensive condos in the Dallas real estate market truly represent a step up (probably two steps up) in quality of living arrangements.

The Dallas real estate market is just another example of a major U.S. city experiencing a downturn in its housing market. This means, however, that there is a great deal of value available to potential residents of the Dallas area. The metropolitan feel with the southern hospitality make Dallas a great choice for prospective residents of all ages.

Real Estate Development Jobs [next] [back] Real Estate Columbus Ohio - Real Estate in Columbus, Ohio

User Comments

Your email address will be altered so spam harvesting bots can't read it easily.
Hide my email completely instead?

Cancel or